STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One, Happy, Tree...

ETA: Tree stamp is from Close To My Heart (CTMH)


I got a little card happy this week! I'm trying my darnedest to create everyday in the hopes that I can build up my stash for an upcoming craft show. This stamp set is from CTMH and on loan from my sweet friend DonnaK. I'm thinking it will soon be another set on my wish list! I stamped all the trees directly on to patterned paper. This tree is fairly large, as you can see, so keeping the layers to a minimum is best.
A little doodling, jumbo eyelets and sentiment from papertrey ink. I've had this vintage lace from a trip eons ago to the fabric store. The lace is not super fluffy and lays flat...perfect for cards!
I decided to try a little stitching on the bottom. It really helped high light the red cs.These little birds crack me up! Catch my boo-boo?? I put a baby bird in the tree that is not resting his little feet on a branch...catchin' air! I didn't realize it until later...eh, I will consider him "special".Manly option! I punched a bunch of hearts out with my small su! heart punch and adhered them with foam tape. The natural twine I wrapped around the bottom is from Cat's Pajamas. This is my first time to try twine and I must say I LOVE IT! The twine is super flexible, won't rip, and it's not bulky. I just enabled you, didn't I?





2 comments:

heatherhoffman said...

I LOVE these cards! Where is the Tree from? I use twine all of the time and loved it! You can get it in many colors and it doesnt show wrinkles!

Donna K said...

You weren't kidding about going to town on cards, huh!!! These cards are "TREE-mendous" get it? haha I loved them all, Dawn. So warm and cute and just plain ole happy! I actually like the sentiments you used better than what came with that particular set. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!