STAMPING SUPPLIES FOR SALE

Thursday, October 6, 2011

SU! Swap Stockings Galore...

Before I get started on today's post, I'd just like to say a little 'thank you' for your comments on the sketchbook post. The sketchbook really is a great tool when your sitting there 'stumped', got all your supplies out, and no where to go! I did in fact make myself one as well, but she is a little bland...just the plain ol' clear binder. When I have some free time, I think I will dress her up a bit!

Now, on to today's post! It might be a little premature to be posting Christmas stuff here(because I still have some cute Halloween ideas yet to share!), but I really was super excited to try out the new SU! stocking die! The size of the stocking is larger than I thought and I really like that. There are several dies I have by SU! and I will be honest, they are much smaller in person than when I see them on blogs etc. The wonderful thing about this larger stocking die is that you can make banners with it too! This stocking collection is for a SU! Swap coming up this weekend. I immediately thought of a gift card option and knew I had to try it! To create the stockings, you will need to cut out 2 stockings...1 in patterned paper for the front, 1 for the kraft paper in the back. Those 2 pieces together will create your pocket to hold the gift card. The Window Punch from SU! makes the perfect slot to slide your gc inside(I used my library card to ensure the pocket was just the right size!) Love, love, love these textured paper leaves! These leaves come in a large pack loaded with leaves of different sizes at Mike's. The red Dew Drops(Poinsettia Jar) were glued on with SU! Crystal Effects. Patterned paper is from the paper pack O' Christmas Tree. After I assembled the stockings, I wanted to add just a bit more glitter with my Stickles Vintage Copper. The glitter lines really POP with the bright Christmas colors.

2 comments:

Hope said...

C*U*T*E! Love the insert for the gift card! Thanks for all the inspiration and it is never too early for Christmas crafts! :)

Mary O'C said...

Love the stockings. They're beautiful. I just came across you blog through the PTI For Sale/Trade forum, and I'm so glad I did. Your work is beautiful and so inspirational!!